Learn To Sing Like The Pros – How It’s Done!
Leisure / Music / Song
Singing may well be one of the most popular pastimes in the world. Everyone sings: in the car, in the shower, and even while working in the office. But every now and then, someone asks themselves: is it possible to start singing like the pros?
Disclosure: Some of the links to products on this website are affiliate links. It simply means, at no additional cost to you, I'll earn a commission if you click through and buy any product. Read full disclosure here! Thank you for your support.
If you have the raw talent for singing, and you have a good vocal range, then there’s nothing to stop you from developing your unique singing skills.
Image Credit: Most Beautiful Woman is the Best Female Singer, McZusatz, epSos.de, Wikimedia Commons.
Learn How To Sing Pro-Level
Here are some expert guidelines to get you started on the right track to pro-level singing:
1. Whenever you sing, make sure that you have a good posture. Good posture doesn’t mean that you have to look like a solider or drill sergeant. The skeletal system was designed to stand upright and straight.
So, whenever you stand to sing, simply balance your weight on your feet evenly, and straighten your back as if you were stacking some coins. The spinal column has a natural s-curve that will not straighten completely, no matter what you do.
So don’t overdo it, lest you strain your back. Your shoulders, head, and throat should be straight, but relaxed so you can project your voice with power, beautiful tonality, and resonance.
2. Breathing should also be adjusted to fit the requirements of singing. Most people end up doing shallow chest breathing.
Again, we are designed to breathe deeply and our bodies will support this type of breathing easily. So, the next time you sing, try to breathe as babies do – from the abdomen. Your chest muscles shouldn’t be straining and moving about as much when you breathe.
Also, it pays take really quick breaths while singing. Also, don’t let out all your breath in one verse. Instead, exhalation should be as controlled as possible, so you don’t run out of oxygen while singing.
3. Try to listen to yourself when you are speaking. The sounds that you produce when talking sound really natural, don’t they? The reason for this is that we are all skilled with speaking and therefore, our inhalation-exhalation balance when talking is well-developed. You have to use the same expert breathing balance when singing. So, whenever you sing don’t limit your breaths and don’t limit how you project sound.
4. One of the easiest ways to control your exhalation is by saying “sshhhhh” for as long as you can. Practice exhaling slowly several times a day to train yourself to let out air in a regulated manner. If your breathing method is not geared for singing, you are going to run out of vocal power halfway through a song, I guarantee it.
5. The way you open your mouth also has an impact on your vocal quality. Instead of using your chin as a guide point when opening your mouth, try to feel your TMJ (temporomandibular joint) and use this as a guide point instead. Dropping your jaw in this manner will add a lot of resonance to your song, and this in turn will add power to your vocal quality.
Video: Top 10 Female Vocalists
Do you have any comments or questions? Leave them below.
Did you find this article informative? Share it in Social Media below.
Link to this article by using the following URL: https://uniqsource.com/leisure/learn-to-sing-now/ COPY and PASTE!