Still Suffering from Severe Heartburn? Relief Is On Its Way!
Health / Remedies
Extreme heartburn can be debilitating, especially if you have no idea how to manage the flare-ups. If you have chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and are desperate to manage it, here are our best pieces of advice for you:
Disclosure: Some of the links to products on this website are affiliate links. It simply means, at no additional cost to you, I'll earn a commission if you click through and buy any product. Read full disclosure here! Thank you for your support.
Severe Heartburn Relief Advice
1. This might not sound like an actual remedy, but it is very important nonetheless: consult and work with a qualified physician if the condition is impairing your daily functioning. Many people think that acid reflux is a minor thing, like catching a cold, or having a mildly sprained joint.
If it is a rare occurrence, then it shouldn’t cause any lasting damage. However, there are some instances when GERD flares up so frequently that patients are exposed to unnecessary health risks, including esophageal damage. If you haven’t talked to your doctor yet about your frequent acid reflux episodes, now would be a great time to do so.
2. Proper management of this disease begins with your diet and lifestyle. Too often, people forget that these two factors play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy body. If you smoke and are under a lot of stress, with no way to reduce the stress, you have to find a way to take control of your lifestyle. Smoking and drinking alcohol regularly will make your GERD worse, that is guaranteed.
3. If prescription medication has not worked optimally for you, then you may explore other remedies from equally knowledgeable professionals, such as certified homeopathic practitioners and alternative health experts who are also from the field of medicine.
Sometimes, natural remedies work better for people who are not responding very well to conventional treatments. In other cases, alternative remedies provide that added buffer, so that conventional medication will work more efficiently.
4. If you don’t have any nut allergies, try noshing on a handful of almonds (raw, not roasted). Almonds have natural alkaline compounds that may help neutralize an overly acidic stomach environment.
Other food items that may help add that necessary alkalinity to your body are aloe vera juice, and apples. Aloe vera has a ton of health benefits and the only thing that you have to keep in mind when consuming fresh aloe vera (sans the skin) is its natural laxative effect.
But don’t worry – unless you are overdoing it, the mild laxative effect shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Simply consume the aloe vera just an hour or two before your usual morning visit to the bathroom, and you should be fine.
5. Another remedy worth trying is any kind of tea with chamomile. Chamomile has a natural calming effect on the whole body, and is also helpful for people who are suffering from chronic stress. The mind-body connection should never be forgotten when managing GERD.
6. And, finally, do not forget establish a solid foundation in managing your condition. In our evaluation, one of the most effective ways to control your GERD is by implementing the steps found in the Heartburn No More Success System. This unique methodology covers every aspect of GERD management from lifestyle to diet.
Do you have comments or questions? Please leave them below.
Did you find this article useful? Share it on Social Media below.
Link to this article by using the following URL: https://uniqsource.com/health/severe-heartburn-relief/ COPY + PASTE.